Saturday 20 December 2008

Step by Step Guide to a Home Based Business

So as I said, several months ago I decided it was time for a different approach to work, and decided to look into ideas for a home based business. If you clicked on the link at the bottom of my first post then you'll know that (after listing and dismissing a million and one different ideas on how to set up a business from home, which I'll come to later!) I eventually settled on the internet. I have no qualifications or background training in using the internet or anything like that, just a hobby browser - usually for horse things on the institution that is eBay!

After deciding that the internet was probably the easiest and most convenient way to earn money it was time to start some research. Thankfully, as I had little to occupy my mind at work I had plenty of time to browse! It was whilst doing this browsing that it quickly became obvious that for every genuine, great idea there are a million scams and ways for sellers to trick you into parting with your cash with a promise of making a billion dollars a minute or some such rubbish. The no.1 piece of advice is forget it. The cliche of 'if it sounds too good to be true it usually is' does apply to some extent and you will within a few hours of looking start to pick out the scams. They generally offer completely unrealistic goals and assure you you'll be an internet millionaire within the week. The only thing you will be is lighter in the pocket and very disillusioned with the whole thing. Thankfully, there are also the great ideas and guides out there which really grab you, so just in case you were lazy and you didn't look at it in my first post, here's the link to a favourite of mine. Not only because I like the product but because Kevin keeps it simple and has loads of genuinely great ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I also have a few of Kevins products,really simple to use and very well explained.

    ReplyDelete